Summer Games 2019
Weather Update 6/7 at 10 pm:
- Due to incoming weather concerns tomorrow, and for the safety of the Special Olympics Virginia athletes, the following modifications have been made to the 2019 Summer Games schedule for Saturday, June 8:
- ALL Friday and Saturday softball tournament games at the Glen Allen Softball Complex have been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
- Saturday Softball Skills competition at St. Christopher’s has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
- All Saturday TENNIS MATCH PLAY and TENNIS SKILLS AND QUICKSTART will now take place in the Bolling Field House, scheduled for the same start times.
- All Saturday track and field events (athletics) will now take place in the Bolling Field House, scheduled for the same start times.
- oAll athletes slated to run in the 100-meter dash will now compete in the 55-meter dash with the same scheduled start times.
- oAt this time, the 5000-meter race will still take place on the outdoor track at St. Christopher’s. Athletes participating in this event should report to staging inside the Bolling Field House.
- Swimming and Bowling will continue to compete as scheduled.
- HEALTHY ATHLETES will still take place as scheduled in the Kemper Field House at St. Christopher’s.
- All OLYMPIC TOWN events and BINGO will now take place at the Robins Center on the campus of the University of Richmond.
- At this time, SOLAR PLUNGE will take place as scheduled. You can still walk up and participate with a $100 donation! Find more information or donate here: https://bit.ly/2SURYfe
If you are a volunteer and your shift has been cancelled, we invite you to still come and support the athletes as a volunteer to cheer at any of our indoor events.
Summer Games is the largest state-level competition offered by Special Olympics Virginia. More than 1200 athletes will go for gold during the weekend, which also includes a Solar Plunge, Healthy Athletes screenings, the Law Enforcement Torch Run, Volunteer2Cheer opportunities, Olympic Town activities, an amazing Opening Ceremony and more! Stay tuned for more details on the competition schedule and volunteer opportunities.
How you can make a splash:
As athletes go for GOLD at Summer Games, you can go for COLD in our above-ground Plunge Pool! Practice your best cannonball and make a splash for Special Olympics Virginia.
The funds raised during the Solar Plunge help Special Olympics Virginia provide year-round sports training, competition, leadership opportunities, and health services to more than 23,000 athletes of all abilities.
Find Out More
2,000 law enforcement members embark on a seven-day journey to carry the "Flame of Hope" to the Summer Games, symbolizing courage and celebration of diversity.
Join them as guardians of the Flame!
Volunteer to Cheer
Your applause and encouragement are an important part of our athletes’ experience, and make competitions more fun for everyone involved.
Come cheer your heart out!
Register to Cheer
Special thanks to our 2019 Summer Games' Partners: