When Special Olympics Virginia athlete Richard Cuevas surrounded himself with people who saw him for him, his life flourished. Read and watch the story of Richard's amazing life.
We’re offering age-appropriate videos promoting inclusion of people with differences. Picture books and student profiles highlight how people turned their experiences with isolation into inclusive opportunities.
Stay in TouchGet the latest updates from Special Olympics Virginia sent right to your inbox!About UsSpecial Olympics is a movement built on inclusion, where every person is accepted and welcomed, regardless of ability or disability. We are helping make the world a better, healthier and more joyful place through the power of sport.
Special Olympics Virginia is made up of 32 Area programs, organized into nine regions. Connect with your local program to get involved.
Make a Difference
Please donate and help us get one more athlete onto the playing field.
In the News
In every corner of the state, Special Olympics Virginia is changing lives.
Special Olympics and Publix join forces to raise funds for thousands of athletes with intellectual disabilities1 Min Read
Special Thanks to our Legend Sponsors
- 103.7 Play
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Classic Rock 96.5
- Sports 106.1
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Virginia
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- 100.9 Jack FM
- 106.9 The FOX
- United Airlines
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police
- Virginia Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators
- Virginia Department of Corrections
- Virginia Association of Regional Jails
- Virginia Sheriff's Assocation
- Knights of Columbus Virginia State Council
- Virginia Tourism Corporation
- WTKR News 3